VI Photography Contest in the Zapata Swamp
We already are in “Foto Al Vuelo”, the most awaited photography contest of the year in Cuba, for bird lovers.
In this 6th edition we have 20 contenders, 10 foreign from countries like Honduras, United States, Slovenia or Nicaragua, and also 10 prestigious Cuban photographers.
We will have the presence of Joy Hill, from the Board of Directors of Optics For de Tropics, a north American association that brings together bird watching enthusiasts, and promotes many activities in Caribe and Latin America, and also, is a sponsor of our contest.
Bruce di Labio, an Otawa Citizen journalist and a great contributor in organizing trips for bird watching, in Cuba, will also be present.
Another special guest is the winner of the 4th edition of Foto al Vuelo, Aslam Ibrahim Castellanos.
This edition jury is formed by 3 Cuban experts:
- Rosendo Martínez, expert in Protected Areas and consultant in Development of Ecotourism Programs.
- Elvis Milian, coordinator of the Sustainable Tourism Program, SNAP.
- Aliesky del Río Leal, audiovisual producer and photo naturalist.
The photography contest “Foto al Vuelo”, is always in February month in Cuba. In this contest, you’d can take birds shoots in their habitat with other worldwide photographers, living together the astonishing nature of one of the most important Ramsal places in the Caribbean Sea, Zapata Swamp.
In a competitively way, you don’t need to be a professional photographer, neither have you the ultimate technology equipment. Only wishing to share an atmosphere of cordial familiarity in the most amazing natural landscapes, you will live the unique experience of seeing and knowing the wonderful cuban bird fauna.
In total 10 awards:
– A total of 9 Prizes will be awarded: 3 prizes for each category in contest (1st, 2nd and 3rd place of each category).
– The Gran Prize: to the maximum accumulator of the 3 categories in competition.
*The Grand Prize will be granted with three nights (with a companion) at the Cubanacan Group`s hotel, on an all-inclusive basis.
Contact us by email, phone, or by our social medias, it will be a pleasure for us answer your questions
Day 17th: Havana - Playa Girón
- 08:30 - Transfer from Comodoro Hotel to Playa Girón.
- 11:30 - Arrival at Playa Girón. Welcome with a cuban cocktail.
- 12:00 - Chek-in - Accommodation & Lunch.
- 16:00 - Accreditation. Technical council with the contestants.
- 19:00 - Opening dinner & activity of the event.
Days 18th, 19th & 20th: Playa Girón
- 06:30 - Departure to the trails: Includes 2 trails, one in the morning and other in the afternoon. Snort, The Salinas, The Hondones community, Enigma of the Rocks, The Bermejas, The Peat & St. Thomas.
- Lunch at local restaurants.
- Return to the place of accommodation.
- 19:30 - Dinner and other activities.
Day 21st: Playa Girón
- 06:30 - Morning to make the photographs’ selection which will on competition in each category.
- 12:00 - Lunch.
- 13:00 - Beginning of the Jury’s work.
- Enjoyment of different recreational activities in area.
- Closing activity, Awards Ceremony & Traditional Cuban Dinner with show.
Day 22nd: Playa Girón - Havana
- Breakfast & Check-out.
- 10:00 - Departure. Return to Havana.
DOBLE € 549
|DOBLE € 58||
SINGLE € 611
|SINGLE € 76|
|*included transfers in-out||*nights at Comodoro hotel||
*Havana airport - Comodoro hotel OW
- Transfer Havana-Playa Girón-Habana.
- Welcome Cocktail.
- 5 Nights of Accommodation in Playa Girón Hotel in All Inclusive.
- 6 Trails, with Local Guides and daily transportation.
- Inauguration and Ofﬁcial Closing Activities of the Event.