From Habana to Trinidad crossing the Escambray Mountains
This trekking tour will make you feel in love with the Cuban nature. You will be able to see the beautiful mountains and you’re going to explore some charming places like Encantos de la Codina, Caburni Waterfalls and also Trinidad, this one considered by UNESCO a world heritage city.
Day 1: Havana
- Flight to Havana, transfer to the hotel in Miramar.
- Short briefing about the tour.
- Night at the hotel with dinner included.
Day 2:Havana - Hanabanilla
- We start the day with breakfast at the hotel and early check-out.
- City tour through Old Havana and panoramic tour through modern Havana.
- Visit to Plaza de la Revolución (Revolution Square) and, later, lunch at La Dominicana restaurant.
- We continue our trip to Hanabanilla, to check-in at the hotel. Dinner and free time.
Day 3: Hanabanilla
- This day starts with a short ferry transfer that will take us across the southern side of the Hanabanilla lake. Our trip takes us through beautiful trails along the Guanayara River, crossing shady and inspiring forests, and also great waterfalls and lagoons, where we can dive.
- Lunch at a farm. Then, we continue through Centinelas trail of Melodioso River, until get to Salto del Rocío (waterfall). Time for a swim in Poceta del Venado (lagoon).
- Arrival at Gallega House and camping.
Day 4:Hanabanilla - Topes de Collantes
- We start this journey very early, climbing 400m on “small mule tracks”, where we can enjoy beautiful landscapes.
- After a brief stop we continue climbing until we get to some coffee plantations that offer us a stunning view of the lake.
- Later we climb to Codina and have dinner.
- By bus, we get to our last destination: Villa Caburni, at Topes de Collantes.
Day 5: Topes de Collantes
- We leave camping, by bus, towards Encantos de la Codina, and crossing over a few more coffee plantations, at La Batata, where the river drills of its way through a lagoon where we can dive.
- Lunch and return to Villa Caburni, to enjoy the landscape, passing by a stunning 1930’s plantation.
- Return to Villa to have dinner and free time.
Day 6:Topes de Collantes
- After an healthy breakfast, we head to Caburni Waterfalls, following the Caburni River to its confluence with the Vegas Grande River.
- Later we will have lunch at Mi Retiro restaurant. To get there we have take a bus to the end of the valley. We will camp there for this night.
- Return to Villa to have dinner.
Day 7:Topes de Collantes - Trinidad
- We start the day setting off along a hillside path, where we can enjoy amazing views of Trinidad, considered by Unesco a World Heritage City, and where we get to see a first glimpse of the sea.
- As we go down, we are getting approach to the farm where we will get lunch, El Cubano, before going Caballero Waterfalls, surrounded by lagoons and crystal waters.
- Later we go, by bus, to the hotel to check-in and dinner.
- Free day to relax on the white sand beaches or to explore the delights of Trinidad before getting together in the evening for the dinner.
Day 9:Return to Havana
- Specialized guide
- Activities during the excursion